As this mod is based on a 2001 game, it should run fine on any modern computer. Still, running the mod with optimal performance requires at least modern mid-range components. You can expect fine performance even in the modern lower mid-range of hardware, possibly upper low-range depending on your criterias and ideas of proper performance.
Original OFP System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows 95
- CPU: 400 MHz CPU
- Memory: 64 MB RAM
- Hard drive: 450 MB free HDD space
- Graphics hardware: 16 MB video card RAM DirectX 8.0
This type of hardware is not sufficient enough to run Cold War Enhanced properly.
CWE Recommended System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows XP or newer, Windows 7 is recommended (not tested on Windows 8 or newer)
- Recommended CPU: Intel i5 or a more powerful CPU. More MHz per 1 core the better.
- Recommended memory: 1024 MB DDR3 RAM or more. More MHz per stick the better.
- Hard drive: 3 GB free HDD space or more
- Graphics hardware: Any modern GPU
Due to OFP's engine, Real Virtuality 1, and it's limitations, the mod requires different kinds of attributes of your hardware than modern games do. For instance, Real Virtuality 1 only allows about 512 MB of RAM to be allocated for the game's use. As it doesn't utilize multi-core technology, it only uses a single core of your processor. However, CWE Dynamic Sound Engine does utilize as many cores as there are available.
The only plus side on this is that you can except good performance improvements if overclocking your components, especially CPU, RAM and GPU. Nowadays, the overall performance majorly depends on the clock rates of your components in this mod.
This article is a part of General Information
|1. About the Mod||2. System Requirements||3. Installation Instructions||4. Controls||5. Credits|